John McCain, who only earns a “C” from the NRA, has been endorsed by the National Rifle Association. Clearly, they flip-flopped. And it wasn’t just because John McCain was the mastermind of the McCain-Feingold Act which would hamper NRA efforts in fund-raising. The NRA always, and forever, hated John McCain. Perhaps the pedants out there will say that the NRA endorsement of John McCain just proves how bad Obama is on guns. Well, the VPC Blog says they’re racist for even suggesting that. Obama is pro-sportsmen; the AHSA even says so!
McCain isn’t very representative of gun owners anyway. His crimes are:
- Does not support an assault weapons ban. (Assault weapons which terrorists use to kill cops and children.)
- Endorsed the 5-4 decision in D.C. v Heller. (A decision which defies all logic and reason.)
- Supports the sale of cop-killing hunting ammunition. (Caused by a loophole in the original bullet ban.)
- Supports the sale of .30 caliber anti-aircraft ammunition. (The deadly .303 Brit shot down numerous German aircraft during World War II.)
- Picked Sarah Palin to be his Vice Presidential candidate. (An inexperienced moose hunter. Everyone knows that real hunters don’t hunt moose.)
- Has dared to question Barack’s position on guns.
- Is not endorsed by the American Hunters and Shooters Association.
As we all know, Barack Obama supports all gun owners and has defended them on numerous occasions. Why, he’s even defended them against the NRA, which doesn’t really represent gun owners like the AHSA. If the NRA is so representative, why aren’t they doing anything about conservation? Barack Obama will protect our wildlands, to the degree that even hunting will not be allowed. Then, everyone can enjoy nature in the same way.
Why do you think Barack Obama joined the Joyce Foundation? To protect hunters, of course!
(This message has been approved by the Sierra Club and the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.)