A New Deadly Danger
Posted by vpcadmin on March 5, 2008
It has recently come to the VPC Blog’s attention that a new danger is on the horizon: shoulder-fired rifles. Thanks to numerous news reports, we’ve learned that criminals and terrorists use shoulder-fired rifles. Assault weapons and .50 BMG sniper rifles are shoulder-fired as well.
Let us dissect the deadliness:
- Shoulder-fired rifles provide greatly enhanced accuracy, and therefore deadliness, over grip-only rifles.
- Shoulder-stocks enable high-recoil rifles such as the .50 BMG rifle to be fired with great ease.
- Virtually all military weapons have shoulder stocks.
- Shoulder-fired handguns are banned by the National Firearms Act.
- In the case of assault weapons, shooting from the shoulder is even more deadly than shooting from the hip.
Continue to watch VPC.org for a forthcoming report on these deadly shoulder-fired rifles. It will give details on the Gun Blobby’s plan and criminal statistics with our usual sort of accuracy. Until then, our only recommendation is that shoulder-fired rifles be outlawed and replaced with pole-mounted “hand cannons” (not to be confused with “pocket rockets“).