Internet Gun Sales
Posted by vpcadmin on March 14, 2008
We just plain don’t like them. The whole concept of “firearms commerce” greatly disturbs us. We’ve noticed numerous loopholes that allow a person to purchase firearms without even being seen.
To combat this, several methods of advertising and purchasing firearms should be banned:
- Inventory listings on websites. See this terrifying example.
- Also, ban inventory listings from USENET, BBS servers, RSS feeds, email lists, or nailed to telephone poles outside shooting ranges.
- “For Sale” advertisements in newspapers and magazines. (See gunloophole.com)
- Newspaper inserts by major gun retail chains such as Cabelas and Gander Mountain.
- Telephone orders.
- Email orders.
- Fax orders.
- Mail orders.
- Payment by check, money order, credit card, or on consignment.
All feature the same loophole as Internet Gun Sales, so all must be shut down. Doing so should definitely reduce straw purchases and purchases made by poor people.
Hat tip to Armed and Safe.